Thursday, November 10, 2011

A Brief Recap.

So sorry everyone. It has been far too long since I have written a new post, but have been caught up with the third round of exams and started a new job. So, here it goes.

1. Halloween Party. I went as a Proctologist because I had all the nursing stuff and didn't have to spend a dime. The Proctologist was actually deemed "scariest costume award." haha. We had a great time!

2. My Aunt Tonya came to town to see the ECU vs. Southern Miss game. We had a touchdown so early in the game, then completely lost it. However, the streaker during half time was fairly entertaining...

3. After being driven to insanity by so many group projects, I was assigned an additional group project and an individual presentation. Luckily, one group project and one presentation is completed. 4 group projects left and one individual project left before this semester is over! Thank God!

4. For the past few weeks, I have been able to landscape a few peoples lawns. I have mulched, weeded, and created planting beds, drawn two landscape presentation boards that include the names of the plants and how many would be needed. I may be a little busy this coming spring if everyone wants me to landscape their yard. I love it all though, and can't wait.

5. I have started my job at the hospital. This was the first week I have been there and have only been through orientation the entire time. If anyone wants to feel what "exhausting" means, then they should have to sit through the two days of corporate orientation... Glad those two days are over, and now working on departmental orientation. I am working part time during the night shift, but orientation is full time 8-5 Monday through Friday. Doesn't make sense to me, but it is what it is. I love walking around of the floor though. You definitely feel like a super hero on this team. Every hall you walk down has people who stop and wave (sometimes high five you-- total flashback to the 80's or some other decade before my time), sometimes even applaud. All of this and those awesome double doors that when you hit the button pushes a bunch of air into your face! :) Yeah, Superhero status!

6. Cypress Glen University just might send me to an early grave. I have completed one presentation (THANK YOU SO MUCH BROOKE STANCILL!!!!- You have no idea how important you were!). I feel like I should be getting paid for as much work I am putting in to this project. It's a constant battle with the seniors trying to establish meeting times. It's a constant battle with the seniors deciding what we want to present. It's a constant battle just trying to get a response via e-mail, text, or calling. I guess it's a great learning experience, but besides them, I have Cypress Glen people who need schedules, times, fliers, news blobs, etc. Our service contact person seems to only talk to me and one other girl in our group because we are the only ones who will respond, but the added workload is too much to handle. READY FOR THIS PROJECT TO BE COMPLETED THE MOST! Ahhhhhh!!!!

7. Started talking to this really nice and pretty girl who lives a christian life from what I can tell so far, and instantly there are three other girls fighting for my attention. It's the weirdest thing! I mean, I have gone for a few months without hearing of any ones interests and I begin talking to one girl and BAM, hello!

8. I ordered my my first set of scrubs and waiting for them to be monogrammed.

9. God gave me a gift by allowing my car to pass inspection. It's the small things in life, ya know. I have two good tires and two tires that are so bald that they may spontaneously explode at any moment! I took my vehicle in on the very last day in October, so I could have the entire month of November to be able to come up with the money for two new tires to pass inspection. Fortunately- and somewhat unfortunately- he only looked at the two good tires and allowed my car to pass. Now I can wait for my Dec 1st paycheck to buy some tires. Oh... I also recently learned that you have to rotate your tires. Who knew? I sure wasn't taught. Why don't they teach us this VALUABLE information in highschool? Is this just common knowledge? If it is, then I clearly missed out! I also learned this summer how to change my oil by myself.. What? I'm only 21. I guess the plan was to become wealthy enough to pay someone else to do it for me! :)

10. We recently had a family from Goldsboro at our church who are going to be medical missionaries to Togo, West Africa. For the past few months, I have been thinking that I would love to go on a medical missions trip. If I went now, I would only officially be an NA2, but it would be more than nothing. People need dressings, and I know sterile procedure! I am sure I could be used one way or another. I can't wait to be a nurse and go on trips, so I could really do some good!

11. The previous comment brings me to another point. Still waiting on nursing school. Really trying hard to be patient and trying to remember that God has perfect timing. He knows the best time to let me into nursing school. I should hear at some point between the middle of December until the day before spring semester. I have no idea how much money I need to begin to save. I am not good at this last minute stuff, but there is always a lesson in everything. Maybe this is just one of His small lessons to remind us about how awesome He is!

12. Finally, I know it's only Nov 10th, but Christmas is right around the corner. I have made my Christmas List and will start pulling out the outdoor Christmas lights out of the attic tomorrow afternoon. If we don't start now, then it might not be up by the weekend of Thanksgiving. We will focus on indoor decor that weekend! I know Jesus is the ONLY reason for the season, but I still love those shining lights and ornaments! This year I will actually get enjoy the season!Since working at Hallmark, the holiday season typically consisted of working 45-55 hours a week in 4-5 hour increments. This year, I work only 24 hours and two days the week of Christmas! Here's some pictures of what I look forward to each year, and yes, I may just be the only person in the entire world who actually enjoys untangling those Christmas lights! I also don't like "pre-lit" trees. It's takes away that feeling of accomplishment! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment