Friday, October 14, 2011

A Wedding in the Works.

This past Saturday my BABY sister became engaged to Jordan Bowen. I absolutely couldn't believe it! I mean, I'm her older brother! I'm supposed to get married first, finish college first, buy a house, have children, etc etc. I am very excited for her though.

That Saturday afternoon, our Sunday school class, Crossbearers, had an activity, but Rachel couldn't make it because of her class on Saturday. So, I decided to go ahead with the group to see the new movie "Courageous." (I must say that it was an excellent movie, and if you haven't seen it yet, then you should!) Afterwards, we decided to go to Moe's and just enjoy talking while eating some very good food. It must have been Unity FWB night at Moe's because we saw four people from Unity while we were eating. The more the merrier!

I came home to an empty house and immediately thought "Oh my gosh, where is everyone? Did I miss the rapture?" I mean, mom and dad should be home. They are OLD and what else did they have to do on a Saturday night before church? I only use the term "old" because people constantly think that she is my sister, or girlfriend, or on some occasions, my wife.... AWKWARD! She is my mother!-- but that is a post of its own! I soon discovered that I didn't miss the rapture, but that they were burning under our tree and eating s'mores. Rachel and Jordan decided that they were going to leave and hang out at his parents house for a little bit, so they left, and I took a shower and got ready for bed. When I woke up in the morning, Rachel walked into the kitchen with a HUGE, shiny, diamond ring. I was shocked, excited, worried, happy, a whole bunch of things instantly flooded my mind. The rest of the day (and pretty much since that day) mom and her have been looking at "dream NC beach weddings" and other related searches. It has been a fun time, and hopefully it will stay fun. Hopefully the days to come of decision making stress about minute details, like how we are going to fold the napkins, will not get in our way of enjoying these days together.

Rachel- You know I love you, and I will try not to get on your nerves too much throughout this process. I only want the best for lil' rayrich. I think you know this, but I will continue to remind you continuously throughout the next few months! :)  I promise to be supportive of your decisions and pray that we all keep our focus on God and not allow all these wedding details to consume our every thought.

"He who finds a wife finds a good thing, and obtains favor from the Lord." -Proverbs 18:22

Jordan is a VERY lucky guy!

No comments:

Post a Comment